"Timothy J. Kordas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Am I missing something about the current implementation ?

If the planner has correctly predicted the number of rows, the table
sure you aren't just wishing that NTUP_PER_BUCKET were smaller?
I don't see that making the hashtable much larger than ntuples
is a good idea --- that just spreads out the live entries over more
cache lines, resulting in more cache thrashing.

               http://archives.postgresql.org