Hannu Krosing wrote:
I find the feature very useful, and have even done some preliminary
design work for shared memory implementation, where each listener is
required to copy data to its own privat memory ASAP and notifier waits
in case there is not enough room in shared memory buffer.

Alas, I have lost my design 3 a4 pages of design notes for organising
things in fixed-size buffer, but the basic operation data-wise sould be
as in attached sql file.

[snip]

This looks somewhat like what I originally had in mind, but discussion led to something much simpler. The only thing we need to share is the queue. Everything else can be done in the individual backends.

cheers

andrew

              http://archives.postgresql.org