Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> (1) something (still not sure what --- Martin and Mark, I'd really like
>> to know) was issuing random SIGTERMs to various postgres processes
>> including autovacuum.
> This may be a misfeature in our test harness - I'll ask Stuart Bishop to
> comment.

After a test is run, the test harness kills any outstanding connections so
we can drop the test database. Without this, a failing test could leave open
connections dangling causing the drop database to block.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION _killall_backends(text)
RETURNS Boolean AS $$
    import os
    from signal import SIGTERM

    plan = plpy.prepare(
        "SELECT procpid FROM pg_stat_activity WHERE datname=$1", ['text']
    success = True
    for row in plpy.execute(plan, args):
  "Killing %d" % row['procpid'])
            os.kill(row['procpid'], SIGTERM)