I'm taking over Simon's heap page diagnostic functions to get them into shape for committing.

I'm thinking of having a new contrib-module for them: pgforensics. All the new functions go there, and I'm also going to move bt_page_items, bt_page_stats, and bt_metap functions from pgstattuple to the new module. They're all low-level functions that no application should be calling, so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues in moving them.

That'd leave only the functions that a DBA or tools should be concerned with in pgstattuple, and all the low-level debugging aids to the new module. Thoughts?

--
  Heikki Linnakangas