On 5/2/07, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

* [pgsql-patches] Ctid chain following enhancement
       /Pavan Deolasee/

I'm not very excited about this --- it seems to me to complicate the code
in some places that are not in fact performance-critical.  While it
doesn't seem likely to break things, I'm not in favor of reducing code
readability unless a measurable performance improvement can be shown.
Can we have some tests showing this is worthwhile?

I am OK with dropping this for the time being. It came out of code
reading. I would later run some tests to see if it really gives any
performance benefit.

Thanks,
Pavan

--