Josh Berkus wrote:
> The only additional idea I have is that we ought to simply strip away any
> e-mail footer over 4 lines from the archives.   Not only would this purge the
> confidentiality footers, it would save us some space in general.

The effort it would take to write some code to extract the messages from
the archive mboxes, break up the messages into their component parts,
strip excess sig lines, reconstruct the messages, reconstruct the mboxes
and then regenerate the archives would probably equate in dollar value
to the disk space required for another 40 or 50 years worth of archives.

I vote 'lets not bother'

:-)

/D

               http://archives.postgresql.org