Tom Lane wrote:
Gregory Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Well assuming we have any SQL-level support at all I think we should
strive to avoid these functions taking INTERNAL arguments.

That gets us down to just needing to worry about whether we like the
SQL representation of configurations.  Which is still a nontrivial
issue, but at least it seems manageable on a timescale that's
reasonable for 8.3.

O.k. I am not trying to throw any cold water on this, but with the limitations we are suggesting, does the patch gain us anything over just leaving tsearch in contrib?

Joshua D. Drake

Donate to the PostgreSQL Project:
PostgreSQL Replication: