On Jul 1, 2007, at 4:46 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
I have question. Is correct implementation of global temp in Oracle or
Firebird, where content of glob.temp table is session visible and
metadata of g.t.t is persistent?

It's correct per spec.  Whether it's more useful than what we do is
highly debatable --- it forces all sessions to use the same definition
of any given temp table name, which is a bit silly for something that's
supposed to support session-local data.

Would it be possible to support both global and local?

I've often thought that having global temp tables would be a really good idea, since it would drastically reduce the need to vacuum catalog tables, but I've never looked into what would be required to do so.
Jim Nasby                                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]