Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
"Jim C. Nasby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/routine-vacuuming.html :
Well, with autovac defaulting to ON in 8.3, that's certainly obsolete
text now.

Is there a reason to say anything beyond "use autovac"?
Did we change the default autovac parameters for 8.3 (beyond turning it on?) because on any reasonably used database, they are way to conservative.

We're still on time to change them ...  Any concrete proposals?

I could provide numbers from production high use databases. We could probably back those down a little and make more reasonable numbers.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/