Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>>> Yes. Also on SS12.
>>
>> hmm - sure about that ? I was about to submit a patch to disable some
>> compiler warnings but then I noted the following discussion thread:
>>
>> http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5163903&messageID=9637391
>>
>> which seems to indicate that at least the compiler installed on kudu:
>>
>> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=kudu&dt=2007-07-15%2003:30:01
>>

>> does NOT support turning of specific warnings.
>>

> I tested it on cc version 5.3 and it works. See

ah cool - thanks for testing!

so on my box we would need to add
-erroff=E_EMPTY_TRANSLATION_UNIT,E_STATEMENT_NOT_REACHED,E_END_OF_LOOP_CODE_NOT_REACHED,E_FUNC_HAS_NO_RETURN_STMT,E_LOOP_NOT_ENTERED_AT_TOP

to CFLAGS to get down to the following 2 warnings:

"pgstat.c", line 652: warning: const object should have initializer:
all_zeroes (E_CONST_OBJ_SHOULD_HAVE_INITIZR)
"pgstat.c", line 2118: warning: const object should have initializer:
all_zeroes (E_CONST_OBJ_SHOULD_HAVE_INITIZR)

the open question is if that is what want or if we would be simply
adding (unnecessary) complexity (or confusion).

comments ?

Stefan

                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate