Gregory Stark wrote:
"Tom Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Someday we might like to allow this, but it seems to mean inventing a
new GUC context type, which I don't think I want to get into right now.

Another option would be adding an option to initdb to override default config
settings in the postgreql.conf. Then the pg_regress could just specify options
like this for the regression database if necessary.

I thought about that. But it makes things harder for the installcheck case. I think the regression set needs to be able to run against a pretty vanilla install (e.g. the only thing buildfarm specifies for initdb is --no-locale ).

cheers

andrew

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate