On 31-7-2007 5:07 Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
Afaik Tom hadn't finished his patch when I was testing things, so I don't know. But we're in the process of benchmarking a new system (dual quad-core Xeon) and we'll have a look at how it performs in the postgres 8.2dev we used before, the stable 8.2.4 and a fresh HEAD-checkout (which we'll call 8.3dev). I'll let you guys (or at least Tom) know how they compare in our benchmark.

So, ahem, did it work? :-)

The machine turned out to have a faulty mainboard, so we had to concentrate on first figuring out why it was unstable and then whether the replacement mainboard did make it stable in a long durability test.... Of course that behaviour only appeared with mysql and not with postgresql, so we had to run our mysql-version of the benchmark a few hundred times, rather than testing various versions, untill the machine had to go in production.

So we haven't tested postgresql 8.3dev on that machine, sorry.

Best regards,

Arjen