"Simon Riggs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> How hard will it be to add the infrastructure to allow new index types
> to be added to the server dynamically?

INSERT INTO pg_am VALUES (...);

I don't really think we need more than that, at least not till non-core
index AMs are a whole lot thicker on the ground than they are today.

The real sticking point of course is the desired indexam API changes,
which can hardly be inserted dynamically.  Your argument would work
better if there were not API issues to be resolved for both bitmap and
GIT ...