"Florian G. Pflug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> The really funny thing is that pgsql, mysql and at least sybase
> *explicitly* dissallow the no-alias case.

I knew that pgsql does that, because I made sure it did ;-).  But it is
pretty interesting that these other DBMSes also go out of their way to
produce a specific error.  As you say, that suggests that they could
have accepted it, if they'd wanted to, at least from the standpoint of
not having a grammar structure problem.

       match