On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 11:00 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> In the longer run I want to make the whole system more data driven, so
> that it's comparatively easy for someone to add stuff.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I wonder if maintaining two
separate build systems is the best approach in the long term. I think
CMake[1] is an interesting alternative: it would allow us to generate
both makefiles and MSVC .proj's from a single set of master build files.

[1] http://www.cmake.org