On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 07:17:12PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Looks like dict-xsyn needs some windows install help for the rules file.
>
> Ah, I was afraid of that :-(.  The bespoke rule for installing that file
> looked like trouble but I forgot about it while looking at the rest of
> the code.
>
> It doesn't seem like teaching Mkvcbuild.pm about this specific file
> would be a real good plan.  Can we get the DATA macro to handle it
> somehow?  It's not going into the toplevel SHAREDIR --- will a relative
> path work?

The msvc Install.pm file (not Mkvcbuild in this case) will put it in
/share/contrib/, and currently doesn't support subdirs. But it can bemade
to support those if needed, I guess. No idea if that'll work on non-msvc
builds.

Do we expect there might be more like this? We could easily add a rule
to Install.pm to know about DICTFILES rules in addition to DATA rules.. (In
CopyContribFiles in Install.pm)

//Magnus

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend