Actually it was the changes in version 1.21 on 2/13 that broke this.
The cvs log for that change includes the following comment:
  - Removed need for SimpleDateFormat in ResultSet.getDate() improving
performance.

My guess is the the code as written would work correctly for a 'date'
column, but doesn't work for a 'timestamp' column.  Is there a reason
you are not using getTimestamp() to get the value of the timestamp column?

thanks,
--Barry