On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 11:14:07PM +0300, Ned Wolpert wrote:
> > > Yes.  I could compile 7.1 with ant 1.3 without a problem.
> >
> > And Sun's JDK 1.3?
> >

> Yes.

Fun.  Back on square one.  So: on some unknown cases Ant 1.2/1.3
with combination of JDK1.3 will have following problems:

* Ant cannot parse '-option' after target name.
* Ant cannot create .jar without manifest file.  (This one
  was a pain to find out as the error message was very
  confusing.)

One bad Ant in Debian's package.  First I thought it is only
Debian specific, but seems its not the case.

My patch does following:

* rearranges ant command line
* specifies manifest file

Is it too much asked to include this upstream?  I can ofcourse
continue to spam this list with link to patch.

My conclusion: Ant is nice concept, but still too unstable for
relying on it.  *shrug*

--
marko

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster