hi,
I am using JDK1.2.2. I tried to install postgresql-7.0.3-2.i386.rpm and
its supporting rpms(devel,server,jdbc)
and I succeeded. I am able to open the database using 'psql' and create
tables. Then, I tried to install the jar
file for jdbc 'jdbc7.0-1.2. jar' and extracted it to the directory
/usr/lib/pgsql. Then, I tried to connect database
with jdbc with a sample java program. I gave it like the following way:

try
{
    Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");
    con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://IP
address/","user1","pass1");
}
catch(SQLException se){}
catch(ClassNotFoundException ce){}

After compiling successfully, it comes with the following error:
Exception in the thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError : postgresql/Driver (wrong name:
org/postgresql/Driver)

What could be wrong?
Thanks in advance.
shan.