On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Bill Moran wrote:

> Intelligent feedback is welcome.
That's some good work there, Lou. You'll make sgt for that someday.

But I think the next step, before trying out other filesystems and options
would be concurrency. Run a bunch of these beasts together and see what
happens (I don't think too many of us have a single session running).
Perhaps even make them "interfere" with each other to create as much
"pain" as possible?

on a side note - I might be blind here - I didn't see what version of pg
you were using or any postgresql.conf tweaks - or did you just use
whatever came with each distro?