Gaetano,

I don't believe we have ever run the system without it turned on. Another switch to fiddle with. :-)

--sean

Gaetano Mendola wrote:

Sean Shanny wrote:

We are currently running on a Dell 2650 with 2 Xeon 2.8 processors in hyper-threading mode, 4GB of ram, and 5 SCSI drives in a RAID 0, Adaptec PERC3/Di, configuration. I believe they are 10k drives. Files system is EXT3. We are running RH9 Linux kernel 2.4.20-20.9SMP with bigmem turned on. This box is used only for the warehouse. All the ETL work is done on this machine as well. DB version is postgreSQL 7.4.

Are you experiencing improvment using the hyper-threading ?

Regards Gaetano Mendola

     joining column's datatypes do not match