7: Profile your machine under parallel load. Note that machine simos (i.e. the kind you get from the ab utility) generally represent about 10 to 20 real people. I.e. if your machine runs well with 20 machine simos, you can bet on it handling 100 or more real people with ease.

8. Use the Turck MMCache - it rocks. Works absolutely perfectly and caches compiled versions of all your PHP scripts - cut the load on our server by a factor of 5.

     joining column's datatypes do not match