Hi,

I have changed "reindex table my_table" to:
psql ...
  -c "drop index my_index; create index my_index;"

We still experience the same "hang" problem.

I was told that this time, the process is
"create index my_index;" before the PG server is
bounced.

When I login the database, I found the
my_index is still there.

I do not know what caused this happen, and I
am also confused. If create index my_index is killed
by "-9", then my_index should not present in the
database because it has been dropped before creating.

On the other hand, if "drop index my_index;" is
killed, then how drop index (which is DDL, right?)
can be blocked? There must be other process(es)
has/have execlusive lock on my_index, which
is not our case from pg_locks.

Tom, we are in the process of installing
the backend with --enable-debug.

Thanks,