Litao Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I will use gdb next time. What's this right way to
> get info as postgres owner?

        $ gdb /path/to/postgres
        gdb> attach PID-of-backend-process
        gdb> bt
        gdb> quit

You might try this for practice on any idle backend; it shouldn't affect
the state of the backend, except for freezing it while you issue the
commands.

If "bt" gives you just a list of numbers and no symbolic information,
then it won't be much help; you'll need to rebuild the backend with
debugging information so that we can make some sense of the trace.

               http://archives.postgresql.org