the XServe/XRaid comes with FibreChannel

Here some infos:

Ralf Schramm

Am 25.08.2004 um 23:22 schrieb Josh Berkus:

Just curious if folks have ever used this for a postgresql server and if
they used it with OSX/BSD/Linux. Even if you haven't used it, if you
know of something comparable I'd be interested. TIA

Last I checked Apple was still shipping the XServes with SATA drives and a
PROMISE controller, both very consumer-grade (and not server-grade) hardware.
I can't recommend the XServe as a database platform. SCSI still makes a
difference for databases, more because of the controllers than anything else.

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco