In the MySQL manual it says that MySQL performs best with Linux 2.4 with
ReiserFS on x86. Can anyone official, or in the know, give similar
information regarding PostgreSQL?

I'm neither official, nor in the know, but I do have a spare moment! I can tell you that any *NIX variant on any modern hardware platform will give you good performance, except for Cygwin/x86. Any differences between OSes on the same hardware are completely swamped by far more direct concerns like IO systems, database design, OS tuning etc. Pick the OS you're most familiar with is usually a good recommendation (and not just for Postgres).