On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:40:02PM -0200, Bruno Almeida do Lago wrote:
> I was thinking the same! I'd like to know how other databases such as Oracle
> do it.
In a nutshell, in a clustered environment (which iirc in oracle means
shared disks), they use a set of files for locking and consistency
across machines. So you better have fast access to the drive array, and
the array better have caching of some kind.
Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant               [EMAIL PROTECTED]