Bruno,

> For example, 150 active connections on a medium-end
> 32-bit Linux server will consume significant system resources, and 600 is
> about the limit."

That, is, "is about the limit for a medium-end 32-bit Linux server".    Sorry
if the implication didn't translate well.   If you use beefier hardware, of
course, you can manage more connections; personally I've never needed more
than 1000, even on a web site that gets 100,000 d.u.v.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions