Many thanks for all the response.

I guess there are a lot of things to change and tweak and I wonder what would be a good benchmarking sample dataset (size, contents).

My tables are very large (the smallest is 7+ mil records) and take several days to load (if not weeks). It would be nice to have a sample dataset that would be large enough to mimic my large datasets, but small enough to load in a short priod of time. Any suggestions?

Arshavir