Christopher Petrilli wrote:
This being the case, is there ever ANY reason for someone to use it?

Well, someone might fix it up at some point in the future. I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with hash indexes, it is just that the current implementation is a bit lacking.

If not, then shouldn't we consider deprecating it and eventually
removing it.

I would personally consider the code to be deprecated already.

I don't think there is much to be gained b removing it: the code is pretty isolated from the rest of the tree, and (IMHO) not a significant maintenance burden.

-Neil