Thanks John

it dont seems to work, but in my context I only needed data from the
rt_node table so I tried this:

select *
from rt_node n
where node_id = 2
and exists (select edge_id from rt_edge where start_node_id =
n.node_id or end_node_id = n.node_id)

and it gave me this plan (even if I remove the stupid node_id = 2 condition):

 Index Scan using rt_node_pkey on rt_node n  (cost=0.00..6.15 rows=1 width=25)
   Index Cond: (node_id = 2)
   Filter: (subplan)
   SubPlan
     ->  Index Scan using rt_edge_start_node, rt_edge_end_node on
rt_edge  (cost=0.00..12.56 rows=4 width=4)
           Index Cond: ((start_node_id = $0) OR (end_node_id = $0))

this time it use my two indexes, maybe because he know that the same
value is compared in the two condition... I should ask my mother if
she got an idea, mothers know a lot of stuff!