Hi:

 I have a table called sensors:

                                    Table "public.sensor"
     Column      |           Type           |                    Modifiers
-----------------+--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
sensor_id | integer | not null default nextval('sensor_id_seq'::text)
 sensor_model_id | integer                  | not null
 serial_number   | character varying(50)    | not null
 purchase_date   | timestamp with time zone | not null
 variable_id     | integer                  | not null
 datalink_id     | integer                  | not null
 commentary      | text                     |
    "sensor_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (sensor_id)
Foreign-key constraints:
"datalink_id_exists" FOREIGN KEY (datalink_id) REFERENCES datalink(datalink_id) ON DELETE RESTRICT "sensor_model_id_exists" FOREIGN KEY (sensor_model_id) REFERENCES sensor_model(sensor_model_id) ON DELETE RESTRICT "variable_id_exists" FOREIGN KEY (variable_id) REFERENCES variable(variable_id) ON DELETE RESTRICT

Currently, it has only 19 rows.  But when I try to delete a row, it takes
forever. I tried restarting the server. I tried a full vacuum to no avail. I tried the following:

explain analyze delete from sensor where sensor_id = 12;
                                           QUERY PLAN
Seq Scan on sensor (cost=0.00..1.25 rows=1 width=6) (actual time=0.055..0.068 rows=1 loops=1)
   Filter: (sensor_id = 12)
 Total runtime: 801641.333 ms
(3 rows)

Can anybody help me out?  Thanks so much!