I've been asked this a couple of times and I don't know the answer: what
happens if you give XLog a single drive (unmirrored single spindle), and
that drive dies?  So the question really is, should you be giving two
disks to XLog?

If that drive dies your restoring from backup. You would need to run at least RAID 1, preferrably RAID 10.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drkae

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend