Joshua D. Drake wrote:
Josh Berkus wrote:
Geoffrey,

I recall a reference on the list indicating that newer Xeon processors
don't suffer from the context switching problem reported last year.
Just to be clear, it's a software problem which affects all architectures, including AMD and Sparc. It's just *worse* on the PIII and P4 generation Xeons.

Also isn't it pretty much *not* a problem with current versions of
PostgreSQL?

As I've heard. We're headed for 8 as soon as possible, but until we get our code ready, we're on 7.4.16.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

 - Benjamin Franklin