On 02/04/2011 07:56 AM, Mladen Gogala wrote:

Hints are a necessary part of the
optimizer in all other databases. Without hints Postgres will not get
used in the company that I work for, period.

I've said repeatedly that EnterpriseDB, a fork of PostgreSQL, has the hints you seek, yet you seem to enjoy berating the PostgreSQL community as if it owes you something.

Also, we don't care if you don't use PostgreSQL. If I put something up for free, some random guy not taking it won't exactly hurt my feelings.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604