If Oracle can patch their query planner for you in 24 hours, and you
can apply patch with confidence against your test then production
servers in an hour or so, great.  Til then I'll stick to a database
that has the absolutely, without a doubt, best coder support of any
project I've ever used.

My point in the other thread is that if you can identify a point where
a hint would help, like my situation above, you're often better off
presenting a test case here and getting a patch to make it smarter.

By way of contrast - I had a similar situation with DB2 (a few years ago) with a bad plan being chosen for BETWEEN predicates in some cases. I found myself having to spend about a hour or two a week chasing the support organization for - wait for it - 6 months to get a planner patch!