Thomas Pöhler wrote:
We are running a biweekly downtime where we do a complete reindex and vaccum
full. We cannot identify certain queries causing this.

If you feel that you need VACUUM FULL, either something terribly wrong has happened, or someone has gotten confused. In both cases it's unlikely you want to keep doing that. See http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/VACUUM_FULL for a nice document leading through figuring what to do instead.

Note that if you have a database that fits in RAM, but is filled with the sort of index bloat garbage that using VACUUM FULL will leave behind, it will cause excessive CPU use when running queries. If you already have planned downtime, you really should try to use use CLUSTER instead, to remove that from the list of possible causes for your issue.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD