Thanks.

We looked at pg_stat_statements and we see execution count & total time
taken. But that still does not help me to identify why is it slow or what
is taking time or where is the wait.

btw, does pg_stat_statements add considerable overhead? Coming from the
Oracle world, we are very used to such execution stats, and hence we are
planning to add this extension as a default to all our production
deployments.

Its a single row select using PK, single row update using PK and a single
row insert, so I dont see anything wrong with the code. So auto_explain
would not add any value, I believe.

Basically, on an Oracle server, I would minimally look at statspack/awr
report & OS stats (like cpu, iostat & memory) to start with. What should I
look for in case of a Postgres server.

Thanks & Regards