On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 01:10:28PM -0500, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
> I thought you all might be interested in my latest adventure - a new book
> on calculus, *Calculus from the Ground Up*!  I titled it similarly to
> *Programming
> from the Ground Up* because I thought it fit with a similar approach -
> conversational, and hitting all of the important things people forget to
> talk about.

I'm really excited to hear about this! I always loved discrete math and
logic, and ended up a compsci as a result. I was never much grabbed by
pure math and calculus as a kid and escaped college with a pretty basic
understanding.

Sadly (or not!) as an adult I became captivated by electrical
engineering, and especially AC circuits, so I was forced into a bit of
an about-face: I've spent the last five years or so re-teaching myself
trig, calculus, and other topics to fill in the gaps I'd left myself.

I used to plug PGU to my students when I was teaching kernel programming
class, and it was massively helpful to me when I began working on crash
dump analysis at Red Hat twelve years ago, so although I've already made
a bit of progress by myself I'm looking forward to having a read and
seeing the approach you've taken.

Thank you for the books!

Cheers,
Bryn.


_______________________________________________
Pgubook-readers mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/pgubook-readers

Reply via email to