On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 10:58:07AM +0200, Goubier Thierry wrote:

> At the same time, parts of OSProcess seems to not be working under
> Pharo2 anyway :( I don't even think I'm able to run the tests (locked up
> my 3.0 image it did).

My last set of updates to OSProcess for Pharo were done in January 2013,
and it worked at that time. Has something stopped working since then?

> Looks like a version / implementation test would be the way to go. I'll
> write something which should work on 2.0 / 3.0, and failure protection
> to fallback for anything else.
>
> Is there a standard way to test for implementation/version on all Squeak
> and Pharo versions ?

No. And as you can see from the examples in OSProcess, it is becoming
increasingly difficult to cobble up a solution that works for an externally
maintained package. If you can find a better solution, that would be great :)

Dave