Yes, systematical approach matters :)

But as to me it is quite simple feature, and in right hands (pointing at
Ben ;), it can be implemented quite easily.
In Nautilus there as many features which has similar concepts (need to
change browser's context) - like navigation history.
I guess combining it with unaccepted edits won't take much effort to
implement.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.