On Dec 3, 2013, at 2:59 AM, Esteban A. Maringolo <emaring...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/12/2 Sean P. DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com>:
>> EstebanLM wrote
>>> yes, the transcript is ThreadSafeTranscript
>>
>> Does "ThreadSafe" mean I don't have to wrap all my debug logging in
>> "WorldState addDeferredUIMessage: [ Transcript... ]? That would save a lot
>> of time :)
>
> According to the implementation it means there is a Mutex stopping
> multiple processes from doing operations (#nextPut:, #nextPutAll:) at
> the same time. It is... who sends the message first will be received
> happily, whoever is second will have to wait in a semaphore :D

I did that because I was trying to write a chapter on concurrent programming
and since the output could be in any order
it was difficult to show anything reliably. Now the implementation can be bad
and anybody willing to imporve it is more than welcome.

> Funny outputs might happen if two different senders use #nextPut: intertwined.
> (other frameworks only left "complete line" outputs to loggers

What is is?

In the new logger I'm writing we have log ***OBJECTS*** and not dead strings.