Hello Stephane,

he tried several times last thursday. He also tried using Nabble which did not work. Nabble produced some error about him not having permission to post. However in the interface of Nabble it displays him as a well registered user, as far as I can judge.

This is one of the headers when he tried to send to the mailing list:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff:        Building Pharo without using only Interpreter class
Datum:  Thu, 28 Nov 2013 16:18:13 +0100
Von:    Dimitri Korsch <dimitri.kor...@student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>
An:     <pharo-dev@lists.pharo.org>
Kopie (CC): Kirstin Heidler <kirstin.heid...@student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>, <nicco.kunzm...@student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>

Maybe it didn't work becuase Nicco and I were in CC?

Kirstin

Am 03.12.2013 20:58, schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:
Hello kirstin

why dimitri is not able to post? can you tell us more?

Stef

On Dec 3, 2013, at 1:17 PM, Kirstin Heidler
<kirstin.heid...@student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

My freind Dimitri was not able to post his message. I am working with him on
this.

Hello,

as part of a Seminar in the University im trying to build the PharoVM.
According to the README file here ([1]) I was able to generate and to
build the VM successfully.

Now I would like to build the VM without Cog or Stack-to-Register
optimizations... The problem here is, that I could not find any config
class (which is a subclass of CPlatformConfig), that provides the right
configurations and allows to build the VM without errors. I have tried
to modify PharoUnixConfig(because it was the default config class), but
unfortunately the build failes when the compiler tries to compile
gcc3x-interp.c.

Could somebody help me with this problem? How should I configure my own
Config class?

Basically our Group tries to implement an object table in Pharo and we
want to use (and modify) the basic Interpreter class.

[1] https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm

Best regards,
Dimitri Korsch