2013/12/24 Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com>

> On 24 Dec 2013, at 14:50, Hernán Morales Durand <hernan.mora...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> 2013/12/24 Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com>
>
>> Yeah, that part I can understand it.
>> What I don’t understand is what would be that.
>>

> Involving community is what social groups do for self-optimization and
> evolution.
> A model where people does not contribute code is the Microsoft EULA
> license.
>

> that stills does not says anything to me :)

I don't get what you expect to read. OSS contributions is a very-well
researched area and if your are contributing actively to the public goods,
understading human capital is essential. The sustainability of open source
communities relies on developers continuous voluntary contributions, that's
why packages are made public to the community of users-developers.

If you are continuously questioning intrinsinc or extrinsic motivators (as
happened in a Smalltalk spanish mailing list) and putting inhibitors to
contributing, basically you are promoting parallel branches. An example of
such exclusion behavior is not considering an one-time contributor who are
not involved in Pharo. Not all developers have time to learn and become
familiar with the community formal or informal policies. A team working in
a package (widely used by a community, and so, "Community Package") should
not exclude contributions for the sake of commiter's popularity or
frequency of team participation.

>> Packages part of pharo core are in in Pharo team in smalltalkhub
>> Packages part of pharo extras are un PharoExtras team in smalltalkhub
>>

> I cannot find PharoExtras in SmalltalkHub.
>

> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras

Thanks, it doesn't get listed when typing in the search toolbar.

> Can I find from within image if a package belongs to Pharo or PharoExtras?
>

> easy: if is a modification/addendum to the core, it goes to Pharo, if is
> an external package (and part of the projects that we maintain), is
> PharoExtras.

Mmm, that's not what I asked :)

> That information should be more visible somewhere.
>

> probably, at least the links to smalltalkhub teams should be somewhere
> visible.
> but you know, time, etc., etc. :)

Ok