> No I see nowhere a Pharo Launcher icon.
>

> If this was Windows or MacOS I would agree that you could get away without
> mentioning how to launch the app, though the majority of good documentation
> usually mentions that. But this is Linux, a diffirent beast, it has 2 ways
> of working its GUI that differs from linux distro to linux distro, in my
> case Unity  and terminal usage. Till now I knew that pharo installed
> through UBUNTU was to be used from terminal, now you telling me that there
> is an icon that I should click. Its not hard to be confused.

Desktop menu entries are pretty standard. Seems like a packaging bug to me.
It may be that there are no desktop entries provided. In my opinion, there
should be, otherwise I donĀ“t quite see the point of having a package.

The pharo and pharolauncher binaries should also be in the path.

Cheers,
Sergi