Thank you Yuriy

I have tried to follow the installation instructions before on my iMAC but
I was not successful installing wget. I tried building wget myself and it
failed with errors, I tried using a binary of wget that I found online that
failed too.

But I will give it another try today when I get home where my macs are and
share with you the exact errors I am experiencing.