I also added Chapter 1 - Quick Tour in Pharo. Just the first part , the chapter is of course still a WIP.

I am not so sure what you mean about automated tests, are they for the example code ?

if you see in the tex when we have example we also have a tag that indicates that the code can be extracted and run. I do not remember but oscar did a script and we where able to automatically verify that all the simple examples were correctly working with a version of Pharo.

Now in Pillar we should introduce the notion of tag to support at the word level.
    - comment
    - citation

I am all for automation.