> I don't know maybe you are correct I have not coded for embeded platforms
> so I dont offer opinion about things I dont know. But I do know is that
> once the creator of python himself claimed that if you use python for
> performance then you are using the wrong language. But hey what does he
> know , he only created python . People having proving him so wrong for
> years now with many libraries targeting top performance. What makes those
> people special is what makes all innovators special, their unwillingness to
> compromise, to accept defeat and stop asking "What if?".

There is a body of work on making Python fast, because Python is so cool
that people keep using it against all odds :) I'm working on making R fast,
for the same reason: non programmers using it to do big data.

Think of using Python + numPy on a 100 000 CPUs supercomputer :) Fun !

Well, of course, you have scores of project trying to show that writing the
same code in C++ (with the right DSL or framework) would be a hell of a lot
faster and safer because of static types.

Safer because non programmers wouldn't be writing code anymore, yes!

> So I am sorry I cant digest with "you are not supposed to have fun
> with...." I am sure you are correct and you speak from experience but I
> "just dont have the stomach to digest it" as we say here in Greece

Sorry, but this is real. Tales of the industry... It's hard to stomach when
you talk Research directions with those guys :(

> PS: What is RT ?

Real-Time.

Thierry