Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
On 16 Oct 2014, at 22:34, Tudor Girba <tu...@tudorgirba.com> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Nicolai Hess <nicolaih...@web.de> wrote:
I too miss the old workspace sometimes. Mostly for "printIt". Playgrounds printIt-popup is good, but sometimes I want exactly that: "print it".
On "Esc", the popup closes , but the code is still selected. Most of the time I
want to go on typing, but first I have to unselect the code.

Suggestions:
on "Esc" close the popup and unselect the current selection

Good point.

+1

on "Enter" insert the printIt-result.

Indeed, this is something I thought of, too. However, I am not convinced that the frequency of needing to insert the result of "print it" warrants a shortcut

I often have a few lines of snippets listed in a Workspace that I want to compare the results, or copy/paste the lot to some documentation. I was thinking of asking for a <pin> icon/button, but inserting as text is a better idea.

that can be so easily use (i.e., Enter can be used also for adding a line).
Right now, if you want to insert, you do Cmd+c, Esc, Cmd+v.

I would go for <space> rather than <enter>, since intuitively that keeps you on the same line.

I also don't think 'Print It' is not that common, and if you use it you want
the output to be in a comment anyway so the syntax highlighting doesn't make
everything red.

When the result is inserted, surrounding it by comment quotes is a good idea.

cheers -ben

I also wanted to add that the whole idea of GT-Tools is to do a lot and even
more powerful things based on a few simple concepts.

We are currently making lots of small usability changes, which is all good, but
we have to guard the simplicity.