Frank wrote:
>I don't see how "[t]he gaming system doesn't work for non-mainstream
>technologies" can be true. F#, Clojure, Haskell are hardly mainstream
>technologies, and SO works just great for them.

It doesn't for smalltalk. Just take a look at top users for [smalltalk]
and compare. Then look at the questions and compare the homework
to other ones.

F# and Clojure are seen by mainstream users of respectively java and C#
as interesting technology to possibly switch to. The smallest of them already
has 7 times as many questions.

Max wrote:
>There are also a couple of outstanding answers to problems in the
>Smalltalk world on SO that I doubt you would find on the mailing lists.

100% of them are given by people who also answer those questions on the
mailing lists.

Stephan